About Deb - Inventor / Founder / Owner of The NEVERknead
Hello Polymer Clay Enthusiast! My name is Deb and I invented the NEVERknead in 2014 more than seven years ago. Yes, the NEVERknead is woman-invented and woman-owned (me i.e. -- I'm not a huge corporation, I'm just me).
I'm an artist who makes hanging art mobiles that I call Atomic Mobiles, many of which are made from polymer clay. I struggled for years kneading clay by hand, and developed a very painful condition in my left shoulder and neck, plus an ugly whoppin' callous on my hand.
For years I searched for a better way to knead clay, to no avail. I Google searched every few months and I couldn't believe there was not a solution to this problem. Then I started experimenting with some ideas and in March of 2014 developed a prototype of the current NEVERknead. I've been perfecting it ever since then and I'm thrilled to present it to you now.
It is my sincere hope to make your life as a polymer artist better and help you create your art faster and without the potential pain or discomfort from hand-kneading. I know NEVERknead works. I use it 100% for my own polyclay art. I never hand-knead anymore. Ever.
2021 UPDATE: Because I lost my helper I can no longer deal with huge pallets of 20 lb presses by myself, so I created a wonderful Parts Kit that includes all the high-quality parts the original NEVERknead had, and then some.
You provide the arbor press and assemble it (don't worry: it's easy and I guide you though step by step) and you have a machine that will exceed your expectations. I'm confident the Parts Kit will work for you and I'm here to answer any questions you may have.
-- Debra Ann
NEVERknead® is a
Registered Trademark and patent pending
MORE ABOUT DEB
- I'm self taught in everything creative that I do
- I'm always coming up with new ideas for inventions but reject most of them because I don't have the time (NEVERknead was irresistible, had to do it)
- I make polymer clay art in the form of hanging mobiles that I call Atomic Mobiles
- Proficient at html/css website coding (from scratch) - I taught myself back in 1994 and I'm still learning new stuff
- I designed and coded everything on this website (and my mobiles site)
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in pre-press (print)
- Love doing graphic design in Photoshop
- Got my first Macintosh computer in 1994 and I love Macs
- I drive a Chevy Bolt EV
- I'm originally from Northern Indiana
- Moved to Northern California in 1990 and lived in San Francisco & the Bay Area for 16 years
- Currently live in an artsy neighborhood of North East Los Angeles (NELA) - Highland Park - an area of Los Angeles voted LA's Coolest in the USA by Conde Nast. Vogue and LA Mag did a little writeups on this neighborhood too
- I enjoy reading Wired magazine
- I'm a SF Giants fan (announcer Jon Miller is awesome)
- I LOVE color - my home is a color extravaganza
- My succulent garden is amazing - I love them! See the pictures below.
- Instead of a backyard lawn I have a clover field (that I grew from seed)
- I make a smoothie almost every morning with a variety of almond milk, beets, blueberries, strawberries, flax seed, protein powder, super greens, organic kale, ice, bananas... yum
- I love chocolate - it cures everything (well, almost)
My backyard succulent garden, the Pumpkin Patch in the backyard, and my amazing snake plants that are almost as tall as me:
here is a view into my office / studio...
and the bookcase I've been working on organizing (I love books):
Stop kneading. Start CREATING!